As part of the activities of WindEurope Annual Event 2022 in Bilbao, a singular event concerning DURABLE project will take place. During this workshop, partners will demonstrate new robotic and aerospace technologies and concepts with potential application to Operation & Maintenance tasks of wind energy.
With the participation of key technology partners, this workshop will show onsite demonstrations of novel technologies linked to aerial inspection and manipulation of windfarms, additive manufacturing, non-destructive testing, remote control or augmented reality. All these technologies are described in this TECHNOLOGY BOOKLET.
Agenda (Wednesday April 6):
- 14:30 Welcome and introduction to the project (ESTIA: coordinator)
- 14:40 Presentation of the technologies developed by technical partners
- VICE (Virtual Immersive Cockpit Environment): A versatile virtual cockpit to remotely supervise and control a multi-system of heterogeneous vehicles. Patxi Berard (ESTIA)
- Thermography applied for inspection in wind tower blades. Pablo Lopez (LORTEK)
- Additive manufacturing for efficient and sustainable maintenance and fabrication. Lexuri Vazquez (LORTEK)
- Design and adaptation of aerial platforms for contact NDT inspection applicable to renewable energy sector. Celia Vilches (FADA-CATEC)
- Trajectory planning for a formation of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles inspecting wind turbine. Ángel Rodríguez (University of Seville)
- ALERION: From autonomous drone inspection to digital twin. Ibon Diez (ALERION)
- 16:00 End of workshop
At the end of the workshop (17:00 – 18:00), a Beer Party sponsored by the Basque Energy Cluster at the Wind Energy Basque Country stand will take place. This will be a unique opportunity for networking with DURABLE partners and Basque companies.
As an additional opportunity, all the presenters of this workshop will be reachable in the Wind Energy International Matchmaking at WindEurope Bilbao 2022. This fully on-site free-of-charge tool offers industrial companies a unique opportunity to generate business contacts and partnerships with the key technology partners of DURABLE in a time and cost-efficient way, with easily arranged 20-minute face-2-face meetings. In order to help you organize and choose your B2B meetings, a TECHNOLOGY BOOKLET with more detail on technologies and partners has been made available.
The workshop will be held in the area called "WindTalks Stage", within the exhibition space itself (see map below), and no conference pass or additional registration is needed to attend it. The “Exhibition only” pass is everything you need to learn about the most innovative aerospace technologies!
WindEurope 2022 Annual Event 2022 in Bilbao
The wind energy community is getting together again! We met last year in Copenhagen, now we’re heading to Bilbao on 5-7 April – and we look forward to seeing you there!
It's WindEurope's Annual Event, the key wind energy gathering of 2022. The whole value chain of wind energy will be there, for both onshore and offshore wind. And we’ll be joined by policymakers, financial institutions, the scientific community and innovators, start-ups and strategic brains across the energy sector. It’ll be an exhibition and a conference, full of matchmaking and networking opportunities.
Don’t miss this chance for an early Spring getaway - and the chance to enjoy some good food and wine! We look forward to welcoming you to Bilbao this April!
Please note that you have to register for the WindEurope event to attend all activities. You may use the code ‘DC_CLUSTERENERGIA’ before the 1st of April and obtain a 20% discount.
Did you know that Spain’s exports of wind energy technology are worth more than its exports of wine?
Spain is the second most important country in Europe for onshore wind, with 27 GW of installed capacity. It has built up a major wind industry on the back of this. Wind contributes more than €3bn to Spain’s GDP and provides 28,000 jobs. Now Spain is embracing offshore wind as well, with an Offshore Wind Roadmap targeting up to 3 GW of floating wind by 2030.